- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use the Hershey’s brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (makes them super-soft!)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup melted chocolate chips
- 2-4tablespoons heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a donut pan well with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, sugar, egg, butter, and vanilla until well combined.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Spoon the batter into the donut cavities making sure to only fill them about 2/3 – 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the donut comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes in the pan.
To make the glaze
In a glass bowl add in your chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons heavy cream and microwave in 30 second intervals. Depending on the consistency you want, add more heavy cream. Once set aside and cooled the glaze will thicken on its own.
- Spoon the cooled glaze on the donuts, place sprinkles right away before the glaze hardens on the top!
- enjoy with a cup of milk 🙂