Curated this recipe for my dear friend Mariam! We share a love for coffee and cute desserts, and these are some of her favorite flavors. I love creating and developing recipes, give this one a try! Your coffee will thank you 😉
Cardamom, Pistachio and Rose Biscotti
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or butter)–you’ll get a different consistency depending on what you use, oil will yield a crispier biscotti whereas butter a bit softer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cardamom (to taste, add more if you’d like, but be careful it gets strong quick)
- Dipping White chocolate ( I have no patience for non-dipping chocolate. Dipping chocolate sets SO much faster)
- Edible roses (I get them from my local middle eastern store)
- Crushed pistachio
- Sprinkle of cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Position rack in the center.
- Spray a non stick spray on foil which goes on your cookie sheet
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs on medium speed until light and frothy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the sugar gradually and whisk for another minute or so.
- add in your butter or oil and whisk
- Add the vanilla and cardamom. Whisk for another minute.
- Incorporate the flour mixture. Mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture onto your cookie sheet and form a big rectangle. (Or if you want smaller biscotti make 2 long rows of rectangular shaped dough)
- watch a YouTube video if you don’t understand this step!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top
- Take it out of the oven and with a *sharp* knife, cut the biscotti into thickness that you desire. Then flip them onto their side. Bake for another 10-12 min. Take the biscotti out and flip it to the other side and bake for another 10-12 min.
- Take it out to cool
- Top with a white dipping chocolate, cardamom, crushed pistachios and edible roses
- Dunk in coffee and enjoy!