The absolute most perfect chocolate banana bread recipe!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large brown bananas
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I use imitation vanilla extract)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chip cookies
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted butter and oil and stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t overmix. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread(I used mini chocolate chips on top). Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, you might have some melted chocolate chips on the toothpick and that is fine. You just don’t want a lot of gooey batter. Check at 35 minutes, just to be safe. Oven times vary depending on the size of your tray and what its made of–glass vs metal.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool, then serve and devour!!
*can also be made into muffins! –make sure you lower the baking time to about 15-20 minutes.